Sunday, April 26, 2015

Midnight Musings

The past several weeks have been pedal to the metal for me as I worked on show quilts and a very special QOV that was part of a special exhibit at MQX Quilt Festival in Manchester, NH. I'm not good with deadlines, I know they are coming and I think I'm on track and then well life gets in the way and things always take longer than you think they should.  There were many nights where I was burning the midnight oil till 1, 2 or 3 AM. I never learn.

It was such an honor to be part of this exhibit and many thanks to Candace West for organizing and curating this event.  There was a need for tissues when they were presented.  I called my quilt Heartstring Star.





What was really fun about this project is we all started with the same two block options.  Candace designed them and we could do what we wanted on each of our quilts.  I love that they are all so different and as unique as each recipient.


Most of you that know me, know that I am a huge supporter of our military. They deserve the best of everything.  This is just one small thing I can do to show that I support them and the sacrifices they and their families make while serving.  We owe them a debt we cannot pay.  May God bless them and their families and keep those on active duty safe.

Till next time keep on quilting.  



Hugs,  Linda






3 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful presentation and the quilts were all as unique as the participants. I am very proud to have been asked to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful presentation and the quilts were all as unique as the participants. I am very proud to have been asked to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great presentation, and I think it was so appropriate that your quilt went to the Chaplain.

    ReplyDelete